Gaborone is a capital city of Botswana, one of the most developed countries and fastest growing economies in Southern Africa, a country of beauty and opportunities, as well as stable and secure. Gaborone´s agglomeration is home to more than 400.000 inhabitants and almost 20% of Botswana´s population.
Gaborone is also home to the Southern African Development Community (SADC), a regional economic community established in 1980.
Knowledge City Limited is a competence centre and full service provider for knowledge management and knowledge-based development in Botswana and beyond. It provides a balanced mix of services to public bodies and private organizations in Botswana and southern Africa. The company is closely affiliated to the Knowledge for Development Partnership, member of the Knowledge City Network, and local partner of the Knowledge Management Academy, a world-leading training institution in KM, headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
Knowledge City Botswana aims to support the transformation of Botswana into a sustainable knowledge society, strengthen the knowledge economy, establish knowledge management as a profession, foster knowledge work, and localise the global Agenda Knowledge for Development in the country.
- Strategic Partnership in Knowledge Management & Development
- Consult public bodies and private organisations to apply KM concepts, methods/tools to improve the use of knowledge, their services and to better achieve their goals
- Advise public and business leaders how to lead toward the knowledge economy/society and to act as role models.
- Knowledge Management Training Courses
- Train and educate individuals and companies to become change agents in knowledge management and knowledge-based development.
- Cooperate with academic institutions to integrate knowledge management in the curricula of existing and upcoming educational programmes
- Knowledge Management – regional events
- Organise and run KM Conferences and awareness events.
- Knowledge Research
- We identify critical research questions related to the advancement of knowledge societies and knowledge management in organization
- We scientifically research on societal and organizational challenges, opportunities and risks and aim at empirical evidence
- We work towards innovative approaches, solutions, methods and tools in addressing these challenges
- KM Advisory Consulting
- To consult public bodies and private organisations to apply KM concepts, methods/tools to improve the use of knowledge, their services and to better achieve their goals
- To advise public and business leaders how to lead toward the knowledge economy/society and to act as role models.
- Organise KM networks with groups of customers combining individual consulting and mutual learning.
- Knowledge Art Space
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
About Prof. Dr. Andreas Brandner
Andreas is the founder and global chairman of knowledge.city. He is a world-leading advocate for knowledge management and sustainable knowledge societies. He has more than 20 years of experience in these fields, and established KM Austria, KM Academy and KM Associates in 2001 in Vienna, Austria. Since 2013, Andreas is a pioneer for KM in Africa. With the African Knowledge for Development Partnership Conference at the UN in Nairobi he laid the foundation for a continental KM Community. He has established and is Director of the Joint Centre for Knowledge Sciences at International University of Management in Namibia, and of the Knowledge for Development Centre at Makerere University Business School in Uganda, where he is also appointed Adjunct Professor. As an initiator and lead facilitator of the KM for Agricultural Development Challenge, he is a key person for the advancement of KM in countries and sectors in Africa. His vision for Botswana is to be a front-runner and role model as a sustainable knowledge society in Africa. He advises governments, institutions, and companies in Botswana in advancing KM at all levels of society and collaborates with SADC on the advancement of KM in Southern Africa.
About Esther Kamovete MSc
Esther is an experienced entrepreneur and business development expert. She has a Master in Business Entrepreneurship and years of practical experience and strategic knowledge in the field of Management, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Performance Management. Esther is experienced in Communication Management and Stakeholder Engagement. Her passion is on working towards a Knowledge Agenda for Botswana, facilitating the National Knowledge Partnership, providing KM Educational programmes, advancing knowledge industries, profiling Gaborone as a Knowledge City and transforming Botswana into a sustainable knowledge society.